Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Summers garden

So nice to see things being finished off. The wall is finally finished after 4 years in the making. I know that seems hard to believe but getting stone masons to come and finish off is a challenge in itself ; however trusty John to the rescue came and repaired our forever falling wall and finished off copping off the top. It has made the wall look so much higher which is exactly what i wanted and also stops those pesty sheep of mine from getting in at the garden. The garden is a bit of an escape for me at the moment from the drudgery being a mother{don't mean that to sound so negative it is just that parenting can sometimes feel like a thankless job and that there is no escape}. Anyway a new tomorrow and a new beginning they say and i guess you always ,always love them its just some days you definitely don't like their behaviour.
Wow it is amazing to see it nearly finished and now this high. Over time i think it will blend better as the copping stone have obviously come out of a very red soiled paddock.

A view of our back deck which we seem to be using so often this year as our evenings have been so balmy .


Another shot looking to the west of our land......a late summer shot.



Ah yes the wall again......




4 comments:

Paint Me White said...

Amanda your wall and back patio look like something out of a fairy tale. Love it Sandy x

Janine Marshall said...

Hi Amanda,

You know I love to see photo's of your home and gardens. I am gearing up to do some serious things in mine, to make it more managable......kids, some days are bad and other days with them are fantastic. One of my fears with the kids is being taken for granted, and them not appreciating what I do and what others do for them. Bad days I wonder I really do....I think we as parents face all of the same fears, its a bit of a minefield isn't it?!?!?!? I'm sure it will sort itself out soon. Stay well and take care.
Janine
XXOO
N.W. Coast Tassie

Jules said...

Garden beautiful. Love drystone walls. Kids...from the moment you have your first, your life is never the same again. A day has never passed that I didn't passionately love my children...but a few went past when I don't think I particularly liked them!!!!I would not change one minute of my life with them though and I still, and will always, worry about them. It's called being a MOTHER!!!!!!

kathi @ traybella said...

what a lovely setting...just beautiful!
love your blog!
kathi