Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pretty as a Picture.....

These shots i have had on file for quite some time so i have to apologise because i have lost their place of origin....but regardless i had to show you because they are simply beautiful. The house above has the most gorgeous garden and was a source of inspiration when designing my garden 5 years ago. I guess i have always liked messy country gardens; not too formal because i don't think i could keep it up. Also its not really me.
One of my favourite spring flowers the hellebore......



Some flowers at the Vintage Rose......


Isn't this just gorgeous. I love the mix of box hedges and roses; it gives the garden shape and form during the winter months when the roses are dormant.




4 comments:

Jules said...

...and don't hellebores grow beautifully in Tasmania. the green ones grew all around our peony tree. That corner was a picture all year round

Tania said...

Beautiful pictures, I love the messy imformal garden myself as well. The last photo was gorgeous with the barn style house in the back ground.

Ness Lockyer said...

I am with Tina...the barn shot with the hedges and roses is for me =0)
Hope you are keeping cool Manda - we are off for a dip.
Ness xx

Jake said...

These are very nice pictures. I'm wodering what the silvery coloured tree is in with the roses.