Saturday, February 20, 2010

More photos of home

Isn't it great when you want to take a photo front on and all you get is yourself in the mirror. I wish i knew how to photo shop myself out;anyway here is yet another shot of the sideboard in the kitchen. This seems to be the wall that changes regularly, and at the moment i am looking for a floor to wall bookshelf or cabinet that will house or my china and kitchen paraphernalia. Maybe i might stumble across something in Sydney as i am off next week for another buying trip....really looking forward to it.

Looking up onto the landing where you walk around to the office and our attic room. The rocking horse is something i have restored when the girls were little and i will hold on to it until they have their children


Another view across the dining table....



Looking from the kitchen area into the stair well. One of my favourite areas of the house. It is so hot here today probably over 30 degrees so i will stay inside and do some sewing; something to wear to Sydney. I have been really inspired by clothing i have seen on other blogs especially Blomsterverkstad. So i may do a post on them and show you my end result....maybe.




9 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Ahhh... Amanda, I love your home and the kitchen is probably my favorite. I have never been to Australia and would love to go someday. For now I will follow you and your adventures.
Yes please post pictures of the clothes that you like I would like to see them. I live in Georgia USA and the summers are too hot for me here. I love linen and cool breathable fabrics with nice lines and timeless style. I hope you have a great time in Sydney!! Hugsss from Susan

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

I love your kitchen and that rocking horse is just darling.

Tina said...

Hi Amanda ~ I have just found your blog via the lovely Catherine from A Time To Create blog who thought I would like yours... I have to say she was right I love your blog and your home is just divine. I love your kitchen!! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday, I am off to have a look at your previous posts. ~ Tina x

Janine Marshall said...

Hi Manda,

Love the pictures today of your gorgeous home. One question - I notice that you have a picture of your sidegarden in the sidebar of your blog and I would so love an arch like yours. Would you mind telling me where you got yours from, if I'm not being too rude. Love how you have styled your sideboard and kitchen and love the bucket on the red stool in your kitchen area. Love the rocking horse in the hallway upstairs. Thanks for sharing. Have a great time in Sydney.
Take care
Janine
XXOO
N.W. Coast Tassie

Mélanie A. said...

Thanks for sharing your home. Everything looks fantastic. I love every detail. Your kitchen with the all different chairs around the table...

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

So nice to see you in the mirror. My technique normally involves a refection of my outstretched arm holding the camera!!
alicia

Ness Lockyer said...

I love that part of your kitchen. It looks great with the tall flowers. It is a beautiful home.
Ness xx

Ms. Robinson said...

GORGOUS!!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

love seeing your home, it's so warm and charming. Thanks