Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So so cute

When i saw this photo i straight away started to dream; i wonder who lives there if anyone at all. I wonder if i knocked on the door if anyone would answer......if not maybe i could sneak inside.....and no one would know i was there.....and i could stay awhile. Sometimes we all need to dream and take ourselves away from reality, even its just for awhile. Somewhere peaceful to collect our thoughts and recount things that have happened. Everyday we are all faced with some type of hurdle and its those things that help mould us and make us who we really are. Basically it doesn't matter what race, creed or wealth we come from, who we are is what we make of ourselves. And to be that good person that we all aspire to be, takes time and experiences. Today, or this week i have had some things happen that has caused me to reflect on where i am in life and what sort of person i have become. We all go through fazes in our lives and i guess we just travel down a long windy road till we reach the end. And along the way we stop and ask ourselves many questions about what is important to us and why. Life isn't meant to be easy; but as long as we realise its like that for a reason . What is really important is how we deal with things along the way. We all make mistakes even the best of us, but we need to learn to take the positive lessons away and work towards how these lessons can benefit others around you. Some of us can be very hasty in our judgement without really looking beneath the surface of whats really going on.......just take time and it gives you a clearer perspective on what is right from wrong. Things aren't always so cut and dry.
Well i certainly have had my deep and meaningful today....and yes, you probably will never hear me like this again....thank goodness you are probably all saying . Don't worry tomorrow i will be back to my short one liners. Take care everyone .

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Imagine that one room, just for you---a fire, a cup of tea and time.

PASSIONEDECO FRANCESCA said...

Breathtaking.
Fra

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing such amazing thoughts and feelings....I loved reading them!

Janine Marshall said...

Here, here 'Manda,

A very deep thought provoking post, very well written. Life certainly throws some real curve balls!
take care
Janine
XXOO
N.W. Coast Tassie

Vintage och morrhår said...

Your thoughts could as well have been mine, thanks for sharing this good reminder!!

Susy @ The Feathered Nest said...

Hopefully times like this help us to refocus, and when we're ready, move forward in the right direction. I loved your reflections - and more are welcome.

I think I'll knock on the door of that cottage too.

Jill said...

What a sweet little cottage. You are right they say That Life is What you Make It, and I think that is true, so lets make it good! Lovely blog just found you, will keep watching.
Jill

Burlap Luxe said...

Beautiful dream...I wonder if they would notice I moved in. I would see a cute empty place and I will say to my daughter I wonder how long it would take them to notice they have a new tenant :)

This is one of those moments you ask yourself how can I get away with moving right in :)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts !!
xoxo
Dore'

Anonymous said...

Well said (or written) Manda. There are certainly times that we need to be reminded that life is a journey and not a dress rehearsal. I too like the cottage pic but I'm sure if I moved in I would make it look like your lovely home. Your garden photos are just gorgeous!!
~Jo
(Toowoomba,Qld)

Ness Lockyer said...

Well, as long as you arent closing i'm happy ;0) Take care Amanda. Maybe you need a cottage holiday!
Ness xx

Anonymous said...

just found your blog...now I want to visit Tasmania...and Vintage Rose!

Allison said...

The cottage is just lovely. I could move right in and have a little escape for awhile. I hope you have a good week, Amanda.

Pascale said...

les fauteuils présentés dans ce billets sont superbes, tu me donnes des idées;