Monday, February 7, 2011

Inspiration plus.....

I love everything that looks light and fresh even though there are years of wear and tear on some of the pieces of furniture ; like in the photo above. I guess it just softens the edge of things when everything isn't so perfect. I am off to the trade fair once again, and this year i will be particularly on the hunt for some french style cushions, similar to the ones in the photo above. I met in person the lovely Di Smith who has been making french style cushions in the past and is keen to get back into manufacture, especially after seeing the store in the flesh. So stay tuned and you will see some gorgeous cushions made from french linens from the very clever lady.

If it wasn't for the cushions in the above photo, this room would look very plain and somewhat boring. Sometimes the cushions only have to be a shade or two out from everything else to make the impact which is needed.
Once again a fairly neutral canvas with just a few darker key elements.
I love the candlesticks hope i find some similar on my buying trip.
Gorgeous and inviting despite everything being so light in colour.

5 comments:

kathi @ traybella said...

love the little mix of dark with the white. i think it warms the space up and adds some hefty-ness.
beautiful photos!
kathi

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I really love these photos. A bit what I was going for in our living room, but I think I will eventually go with brighter white walls.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Sorry, meant to say brighter white walls exactly like in the first photo (they're Farrow and Ball Lime White now).

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just found your blog and I love every bit of it! Lovely photos, beautiful inspiration and an absolutely gorgeous shop! I have gotten so many new ideas from looking through all your posts ~

Sarah xo

Marie Söderberg said...

I like your pictures..i like the green access in the last one..the mirror and the door :))